03 Jul Rio Star Grapefruit, Shrimp and Spinach Salad
Posted at 19:00h in Recipes 0 Comments
Rio Star Grapefruit, Shrimp and Spinach Salad
Shrimp and spinach salad alone sounds a little tame. Add some Rio Star Grapefruit and you've got something special! Creatively tasty, perfect for any occasion.
Write a review
- 2 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 2 Texas Oranges, sectioned
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled with tail on
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon julienned orange zest
- 3 cups spinach
- salt and black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Flour mixture: Combine the ingredients and set aside.
- Salad: Section grapefruit and oranges and retain juice in a bowl. Season juice liberally with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in olive oil to form a vinaigrette (2 parts juice to 1 part oil). Drizzle the vinaigrette on sections to marinate.
- Preheat a sauté pan over high heat. Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture. Add a few tablespoons olive oil to pan. Brown one layer of shrimp until golden brown, then turn over. Brown other side, and turn out onto cookie sheet.
- Add ¼ cup olive oil to hot sauté pan. Drain pan juices from cookie sheet into sauté pan. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until light brown. Add jalapeño peppers and cook until soft. Add basil and cook less than a one minute to crisp. Add the orange zest. Season to taste.
- Arrange shrimp over citrus and spoon garlic/jalapeno/basil over shrimp. Toss spinach with the citrus vinaigrette and mound on top of shrimp.
Lone Star Citrus https://lonestarcitrus.com/lonestarwpress/